Thursday, October 16, 2008

Midterm... Dun, dun, dun...

I am capitalizing on the repetition, predictability and systematic nature of pattern. I use high intensity chromas to trace the pattern, shift away from it, create a new entity, and merge back into the pattern. Through this process I am looking at the experience of individuals attempting to reconcile their own identities in relationship to both personal, historical, and cultural traditions.







These two are a little different, they look more at integrating the change (being the individual) as part of the visual pattern rather than existing separately.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks wonderful to me. what does he whose name we do not speak know!

Unknown said...

The geometric patterns remind me of the idea with the Airplane as Art show...but as much as I like those, I really like the other patterns better. They remind me more of my life as I "grew up" while the geometrics make me think more of myself "as an adult". Are you diggin' me?

And I agree with Mom on him with the beautiful, cleaned up back yard...at least last summer.

Da

Megan said...

I'm impressed! At Christmas I'm probably going to being some home to Georgia, if that's ok with you. How did midterms go???

Anonymous said...

Pretty neat Shannon. Another semester nearly done. Great job.