Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Did you know?

That September is Craniofacial Awareness Month?


Did you know that A craniofacial disorder is an abnormality of the face and/or the head? Craniofacial differences can result from abnormal growth patterns of the face or skull, which involves soft tissue and bones. A craniofacial condition may include disfigurement brought about by birth defect, disease or trauma.

Did you know that I am the proud aunt of two nephews who were borne with craniofacial defects? Timothy (cleft lip) and Benjamin (craniosynistosis: the premature closing of the soft spot causing the skull to grow deformed). By God's grace and the skilled hands of surgeons both boys are doing great today.


Something to think about...

1 comment:

Kierstyn said...

I love you!

I love the way you love all my kiddos. I love the support you have and continue to give me. I love the amazing woman of God that you are.

Thanks for the post! I didn't know you were posting on your blog. :-)