Wednesday, January 25, 2012

FUZE Weeks 41-42

 The past two weeks  I was touring the eastern states of New South Wales and Queensland with Remnant Dance Collective.  More so than touring the east coast of Aus I was touring the uncharted lands of a realm far beyond my comfort zone!  In this unknown land I discovered many new creatures including collaboration, dance, and improvisation.  At first these creatures although intriguing seemed wild and scarey and I was quite happy to keep my distance, but we warmed to each other in time and ultimately developed a loving relationship of mutual respect.

Every time I travel I'm reminded of how big the world actually is.  And how small my world often is.  Touring the east was no exception.  This time it was the creative world I had been living in that I realized was small by my own making, when in reality it can be quite big.


Day 1: Ananndale

Day 2: Carlingford

Day 3: Dress run

Day 4: Pub

Day 5: Woy Woy

Day 6: Sydney
Day 7: Public Transport
Day 8: Brisbane
Day 9: Costume Check
Day 10: The Old Museum
Day 11: Boonah
Day 12: The Girl Hive
Day 13: New Friend (he was nearly the size of my palm, BTW)
Day 14: Cool Kids Ride in the Back of the Bus
Day 15: Brisbane

No comments: