Monday, November 15, 2010

Memorial Stone Monday: Times 2

Since I'm doing two memorial stones today I figured I should do two people that kind of go together. Having two sisters it's hard to tell you about one without talking about the other or to talk about one before the other.

As kids whenever it was time for our family to move again my parents would remind my sisters and I that "You'll lose friends, you'll make new friends, but you're sisters will always be there." I think the goal of this was to help us get along better. Don't know that it really served that purpose, but we have stayed close. Today I can call them not only my sisters but also my friends and (hence this blog) part of my support team.


The choice to support me has been a decision that their whole families have participated in. If you remember the first MSM (Memorial Stone Monday), my older sister's kids have participated in raising support for me. I find the Halloween costumes Kierstyn did with her kids to be supporting me too.


My younger sister and her family have also been quick to join my support team. A week an a half ago in the days leading up to and just after Global Missions Conference I got to stay with Megan. She has more than once let me stay with her family while I've been in the area for support raising, conferences, and meetings at MTW.


Both of my sisters and their families are among my biggest supporters. Their financial support has come at a cost to their whole families, and they've done it willingly out of love for me. That is invaluable to me.

No comments: