Sunday, November 6, 2011

More from the studio

First of all, THANK YOU to all of you who have collected and given your teabag tags to me!!!  Each one of these tags is iconic of a shared moment and a conversation (perhaps it is a conversation with yourself or with God if not a friend).  As of now over 1,000 moments and conversations have been collected form six different countries.  I can't help but wonder as I ponder this work what could happen if each of those conversations were grace filled and the moments purposeful.
 
Tet a Tet (in progress, Nov. 2011)



In addition to tea-tags I've been collecting used teabags of one specific brand.  Each of these used teabags after being pulled out of the trash is dried, emptied, cleaned, embraced with it's stains, has it's wrinkles smoothed out, and is put in community with other teabags just like it, but with different stains.  Sound like a familiar journey?

 
The Remnant (in progress, Nov. 2011)


 

 This last image is a new work I've just started.  All of the tags from the teabags I sew together I've kept separate from the ones for Tet a tet.  These tags are then braided together into one long strand.  I have a feeling that this work will have other elements added to it in the future, but it hasn't told me what those might be yet. 


2 comments:

Anjanette said...

Lovely! Can't wait to see more!

momma said...

i love it. can't wait to see it.