Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Coming soon: Memorial Stone Monday

Bet you'll never be able to guess when it's coming!

A while back I was reading in the book of Joshua. I came to the part where Israel crosses the Jordan River and enteres the land of Canaan, the land they had been promised and were waiting for. God told Joshua to have one man from each of the twelve tribes pick up a stone out of the river as they crossed over where the waters had been parted in front of the Arc of the Covenant. When all of Israel had crossed into Canaan these twelve stones were piled up into a monument. This monument was to serve as a memorial to what God had done in parting the Jordan and bringing Israel into Canaan, as promised.



As I'm working my way across the river of support raising I have started to think of each of my supporters as a memorial stone. In the end, when I finally get back to Australia I will have my beautiful support team to stand as the monument to what God has done.

So... Starting on Monday I will be sharing with you stories of the amazing, generous, faithful people who are helping me on the road to Oz.

If you want more information on how or why to join my support team let me know. If you are ready and able to join my team, THANK YOU! You can do so by following the link in the "Online Giving" section on the right side of this page.

Until Monday...

1 comment:

momma said...

great idea!