Tuesday, December 13, 2011

FUZE Weeks 28 & 29


            Due to crazy schedules and different responsibilities around the world Steve and B were doing a lot of traveling these weeks.  So, to keep things simple and sense B and I wouldn’t be able to do our regular weekly wrap up we set the theme knowing that it would be for two weeks.
                        In preparing to go to Malaysia in a few weeks I started researching the country.  We called it MY-Laysia week.  I spent some time in the library and on the internet researching culture, religion, language, art, ect…  I also intentionally spent time with several people I know who have lived in Malaysia. 
                        The overwhelming advice that I got from all of these sources was to look and watch and to eat anything I could get my hands on!  That last bit made me nervous when I read about Sup torpedo!
                        The thing I notice most about looking into and preparing to go to this new country was how much it became about being here.  The most valuable information I found was through friends.  Friends who live in Perth.  My conversations with them became less about my going to Malaysia and more about my deepening bounds here.

                        Just for the record… I didn’t try the soup, but the rest of the food was AWESOME!

No comments: